XIST developed a bilingual easy to manage website using the WordPress content management system. Site requirements included;
- Discussion Forum
- Easy to maintain
Using open source and commercial software XIST was able to quickly and efficiently create a user-friendly website.
XIST developed a series of product videos for use on a commercial web site and to integrate with an internet marketing campaign. The videos were shot on location in London and Ottawa. Work included storyboard design, video photography, audio/video editing, and internet marketing through various social networking and Web 2.0 sites including Youtube and wikipedia.
- video production and editing
- internet marketing
- web site development
XIST created a visualization of historical data using the SIMILE Timeline Widget with Drupal views.
The project included configuring the SIMLILE Widget and Drupal to run on a local webserver, without internet access.
XIST redesigned a web site for a Canadian builder of world-class rowing shells and single racing sculls. The project included a broad range of integrated services:
- online marketing strategy design
- application development and content management system design
- content development
- user interface design
- multimedia podcast development
- search engine optimization
XIST developed a new web site for an accounting and bookkeeping company. The site has been tremendously successful in generating leads and expanding sales. Services included:
- information architecture design
- CSS controlled user interface design
- content development
- search engine optimization, and
- online marketing
XIST created a website for a small knowledge based company. We scoped the project, created templates, and implemented the site using the WordPress CMS.
For a federal organization, XIST completed a site review that included surveying users, reviewing departmental communications strategy, conducting stakeholder interviews, and analyzing site statistics. The outcome was the creation of a revised information architecture with content and services recommendations to reposition the site for emerging needs.
XIST developed for a government organization the strategic plan and information architecture of a portal web site that promotes physical activity to Canadians. The work required:
- design and execution of user needs assessment interviews with key stakeholders
- extensive online research across three tiers of government web sites to identify similar content offerings and programs
- development of recommendations for the new site’s purpose, objectives, and design principles
- identification and segmentation of potential, key audience types by information and navigation requirements
design of a coordinated, scalable information architecture
XIST recently finished the first iteration of a community oriented website. The project involved extensive stakeholder consultations and information architecture planning. XIST carried out an environmental scan of web content management systems and selected Drupal.
More information and a full project description will be coming after the official site launch.