What personal information does XIST collect?
XIST Inc. (“XIST”) is committed to respecting the privacy of our current clients, our prior clients, our future clients, our staff and contractors, as well as prospective employees and consultants. We are committed to keeping the personal information of all clients accurate, confidential, secure and private at all times. This commitment applies to that information which is collected by XIST to facilitate our IM/IT related business services as well as the accumulation of data from prospective employees and consultants through our online jobs submission form.
Personal information is any information that is used to identify you, or by which your identity can be deduced. Personal information that XIST collects:
- Customer’s name and address and other client contact information;
- Facts about Internet usage, both historic and current;
- Facts about payment for services, including general financial information;
- Contact and reference information from those seeking employment and subcontracting opportunities, such as date of birth, address, telephone numbers, email address, employment and work history information.
XIST requires this information in order to provide its services to clients and to conduct ongoing resource requirements in order to maintain business support and service levels.
How does XIST use this information?
When an individual or organization engages XIST for IM/IT services, XIST will identify the purposes for which XIST is requesting the personal information. If XIST identifies other purposes for which the personal information may be used, XIST will seek the individual’s consent prior to such use. XIST will advise that it is the individual’s right to refuse permission for XIST to use personal information for any new purposes.
Additional purposes for collecting personal information may be identified to an individual before or at the time of collection. However, at a minimum XIST will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain effective communication and provide on-going service;
- To establish contracts for service, bill and collect for payment of services;
- To engage potential human resources and communicate with them about employment and subcontracting opportunities with XIST;
- To meet legal, regulatory and settlement requirements.
How does XIST collect this information?
XIST collects your information by lawful and fair means using physical or electronic methods. We collect information directly from you at the start of our contact and throughout the course of our engagement.
Does XIST share your information?
XIST does not and will not disclose your information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services to you. XIST may share your information with third parties as required by the act, as required to conduct or support business services with you, or with your consent otherwise.
How can you access, modify or delete your information?
All the information XIST collects is available on our internal network systems. You can contact XIST by phone, fax, email, or postal mail to request to review and edit the information we have collected and maintain on or about you.
How is your data protected?
At XIST we are committed to maintain the privacy and security of your information. All reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have put together the following safeguards:
- Our premises are secured with controlled keycard access to all facilities and visitor identification;
- We have restricted access to corporate records storage area;
- We have implemented various user control levels for authorized network access to digital data.
If you have more questions, who do you contact?
If you have more questions you can email us at email@example.com or write our Privacy Officer at the following address:
P.O Box 4938 Stn E.
Ottawa, ON K2P 0A6